Quality Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance in the Greater Hood River Area
When Hood River & The Dalles temperatures soar and air conditioning systems malfunction, McDowell & Son is ready to lend a hand. On even the hottest summer days, we can restore comfort to your home. We offer reliable, affordable air conditioning repairs and maintenance all over the Gorge area.
Make sure that you come to our team of professionals when you want AC maintenance or AC repair work. We’re the team you can trust to keep your home’s air conditioning systems in pristine condition. You’ll never have to worry about the work you’re getting with a McDowell cooling repair technician.
Air Conditioner Repair Problems
A few reasons why customers call for service:
Common Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Repairs
- Compressor Failures: The compressor is the most expensive component in your AC system. If you have a non-warranty compressor failure, it’s usually best to replace the entire unit.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Low refrigerant is a silent problem that negatively impacts your air conditioner’s efficiency and may cause permanent damage. We’ll always check your refrigerant levels to determine if any leaks are in the system.
- Capicitors & Contactors: This is the most common repair we do in the summer months. Both help power the fan and compressor. If one or both have failed, your air conditioner will not run and they will need to be replaced.
- Clogged Condensate Drain: During the circulation process, hot air releases humidity, and the condensate drain line has the critical job of releasing the built-up moisture and pushing it away from the AC unit. When clogged, the condensate drain lines can cause water to back up in the drain pan and eventually overflow. We have specialized tools to clear drain lines and clean drain pans.
- Dirty Air Filter: The most basic, yet most neglected, HVAC fix is the air filter. As debris builds up on the filter, your HVAC system will lose efficiency. Due to airflow restrictions, you might feel warm air coming from the vents.
How Can AC Maintenance Benefits Your Home?
Just like your car, your home air conditioning system needs regular maintenance. Doing regularly will help catch minor problems before they become costly breakdowns. It also keeps your air conditioner and heat pump running at peak efficiency.
Regular Maintenance Benefits:
- 20-30% Less energy use A clean and well-maintained system uses 20-30% less energy.
- 50% Longer service life Regularly serviced systems last up to 50% longer than not maintained systems.
- Cost-Effective Emergency service calls are often the result of poor system maintenance.
- Cleaner, healthier homes Dirty, non-maintained equipment can cause dust mites and poor indoor air quality, aggravating allergies and causing illness. It can soil your grilles, walls, and furniture.
- Projected equipment failure Our highly trained service technicians may be able to predict future equipment failure. Since your system is well maintained, it won’t break down during busy seasons or other extreme weather conditions.
- Happy renters Our agreement helps guard against downtime on your rental property. Your system performance is monitored on a regular schedule.