Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance
When Hood River & The Dalles temperatures soar and air conditioning systems malfunction, McDowell & Son is on call and ready to lend a hand. On even the hottest summer days, we can restore comfort to your home. We offer reliable, affordable air conditioning repairs and maintenance all over the Gorge area.
Air Conditioning Repair
Whether your air conditioner broke down, is having problems, or making strange noises, don’t worry. We’re here for you. Our team of certified air conditioner technicians brings several years of experience to every repair. So, whatever your problem is, we can fix it.
We offer homeowners up front flat rate pricing so you know exactly what you will be spending and not be surprised when you get the bill based on an hourly rate.
With our flat rate pricing system you will know the cost before the work is performed. Also, you WILL NOT pay extra if our technician takes longer than average.
We charge a trip/diagnostic fee. This charge includes all of the time for the Technician to travel to your site AND diagnose** the problem. Our Technician will then present you with a diagnosis and an estimate for repair. You may either accept or decline the repair at that time. Never any surprises!
** basic diagnosis. Comprehensive refrigerant leak scan or searching for difficult electrical problem will incur separate charges – given up front of course!.
Air Conditioning Maintenance
Just like your car, your home air conditioning system needs regular maintenance. Maintenance catches small problems before they become costly breakdowns. It also keeps your air conditioner at peak efficiency so you get maximum money savings.
- 20-30% Less energy use A clean and well maintained system uses 20-30% less energy.
- 50% Longer service life Regularly serviced systems last up to 50% longer than systems that are not maintained.
- Cost Effective A average of 68% of emergency service calls are a result of poor system maintenance
- Cleaner healthier home Dirty, non-maintained equipment can cause dust mites and poor indoor air quality, aggravating allergies and causing illness. It can soil your grilles, walls and furniture. This increases the time that you spend housecleaning.
- Projected equipment failure Our highly trained service technicians may be able to predict future equipment failure. Since your system is well maintained, it won’t break down during busy seasons or other extreme weather conditions.
- Happy renters Our agreement helps guard against downtime on your rental property. Your system performance is monitored on a regular schedule.
Repair & Maintenance on…